As we embark on another tumultuous week, we want to emphasize a few things to you.
- We are all in this TOGETHER. We consider ourselves to be partners with you, helping you make the most of your life. We’re here for you in this time of medical uncertainty and financial turmoil. Accordingly, we want to ensure that you have access to all the resources you may need during this period. Life is for living and we intend to do all we can to improve your living over the next few weeks. Please let us help.
- Leave the worrying about your accounts to us. Know that our team will continue to focus on your portfolio and monitor the financial situation. It is our intention to produce some detail and content at the end of each week until the economy has stabilized. You will be added to the email distribution list for content unless you request otherwise.
- Please take advantage of these resources. Following is a list of resources to help you weather this chapter as comfortably as possible. We have been advised that our older citizens and immune-compromised individuals should not travel or leave home unnecessarily. Please take the time to review this list and consider taking advantage of these resources.
- CDC guidelines. You can find the CDC guidelines at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/index.html.
- Grocery curbside pickup and delivery. Publix offers curbside pickup or delivery of groceries in the Augusta area. You will be required to sign in and create an account from Publix website. Kroger offers the ability to order groceries online and then pick up at the store. Again, go to Kroger’s website, or the Kroger app, to place an order.
- Additional delivery options. Both Publix and Kroger offer delivery of groceries through Instacart. For example, https://www.instacart.com/augusta-ga/kroger. Instacart also offers delivery from restaurants in our area, as does Augusta To Go. See https://www.augustatogo.com/.
- Online meal kit delivery services. This might be a good time to try online meal kits. The ingredients are delivered to you, and you do the cooking. Consider HelloFresh (www.hellofresh.com) and Blue Apron (www.blueapron.com), among others. Similarly, you can order more than just steaks at Omaha Steaks (www.omahasteaks.com).
- Pharmacies. Most pharmacies offer the ability to pick up a prescription without going inside. We are also aware of several pharmacies in Augusta that offer deliveries. (For example, Surrey Center Pharmacy in Augusta.) Call and ask if your pharmacy provides such service, before you go inside.
- Entertainment. For entertainment purposes, we highly recommend Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney Plus. All offer streaming capabilities which allow you to watch content online.
- For the love of a good book. For those of us who love to read and always wish for more time to get lost in a book, Amazon delivers and you can obtain online content at the Kindle app (Kindle Fire) or the Books app (Apple products).
- Online learning. The Great Courses (www.thegreatcourses.com) and MasterClass (www.masterclass.com) are other online resources for learning new things.
- Contact with others. Now is the time to learn to use Facetime on your iPhone. It’s easy and it works great.
If you have suggestions or thoughts that could be useful to others on this list, please reach out to us so we can include going forward.
Lastly, we are confident that our communities will rise above these challenges together. At Gracestone, we are committed to addressing your needs, regardless of what that may look like for the next few weeks. If you need assistance with errands, deliveries, or other necessities, feel free to reach out to us.
We’re HERE, together, moving forward.
Corporate disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions expressed by the authors at Gracestone do not reflect the views, opinions or positions of Synovus Bank. The Gracestone Group and Synovus hereby make no representations as to suitability or endorsement of the use of any vendor referenced herein.